How it works:
- The home care Nurse is seeing the patient at their house
- The Nurse identifies that the patient needs a Doctor’s intervention
- The usual way is to arrange for a house call Doctor to go and see the patient, but now we are proposing to support the nurse immediately by doing a Tele-consult
- The nurse to arrange with me to see if Doctor is available and to give us the required details
- TeleFAM Operations will prepare for the appointment
- Doctor will then video call the nurse through an app downloadable via the links on our site
- The Nurse to brief Doctor on what is happening and to be the eyes/hands of the Doctor
- Doctor to prescribe medicines and/or to give advice on further management
- Nurse to collect payment on our behalf too, with added admin component added into the cost for Nurse's administrative cost
Q&A from a provider -
In light of some further questions we have (see below) perhaps it would be good to speak over phone shortly this week.
- Is there a medication delivery component that results in the customer receiving the prescribed medication or will the customer have to fulfill at a pharmacy?
Yes, there can be a few ways for medicine fulfillment.
- Medicine delivery using G-Meds platform:
- This uses retail pharmacy formulary, so original brands of medicines can be prescribed
- Added platform fee of $12.50 and delivery fees apply
- Pros for this system is that the delivery should be faster
- Doctor to prescribe on the platform. The Gmeds system will send an email to the patient/family for payment. After that, the medicine order will be process
- Medicine delivery from Public Hospital pharmacy:
- No choosing of brand, which ever brand available at the moment
- Delivery fee is free at the moment due to COVID-19, usual is about $8 to $10
- Delivery is quite slow now too, maybe about 4 to 5 business days due to high volume
- For urgent needs, one of the family member will have to collect personally from the hospital pharmacy
- Do note that all prescriptions will be at private rate, no subsidies at public hospital pharmacies
- We can also write a prescription and snail mail to patient/caregiver. They can go and buy the medicines on their own.
- Are there any reporting requirements? Will Nurse get access to the medical records?
Yes, the nurse will get a consultation report from our Doctors to file into their institutional records. The nurse will be present in the consultation process as well and can note down any record as needed by their institutions.
- Would it be possible for Doctor to procure the teleconsult session and submit required documentation through the our application?
It depends on whether the institution has their own Tele consultation services available, we have no issues using other platforms for this Tele Collaborative service.
- What is the availability of Doctor and if there is a needed consult and Doctor is not available, what are our alternatives?
At the moment, we only have one doctor. If he is unavailable, there are no alternatives at the moment. There are plans that once the full platform that we are testing is up, to recruit more Doctor to the platform, so that coverage can be more complete.